~~~~~~~~~A place to share, create and explore all the wonderful treasures that life has to offer ~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas & A Win

I wasn't able to jump on here to wish you all a
Merry Christmas as our household was crazy over the holiday!  So I thought I would share with you just a couple of activities we enjoyed during the last week:)
First, I wanted to share these adorable ornaments that my children made.  They are so cute and simple to do!


All we did was cut a 2" wide piece off of a carpet roll tube.  We then painted the inside of the roll and adhered an old Christmas card to the back.  When all was dry, we added some cotton for snow and little figurines to finish off the display.  We covered the front with a sturdy clear plastic sheet that we found at the craft store and decorated the edges with glitter to cover any imperfections.  We also used some wide decorative tape to wrap around the outside edge of the tube - you can't see that in the images.  It was quite easy and fun, just a little time consuming!
Here are the others:





We also created our Christmas cookies for Santa.
(The streamers were from my daughter's birthday, a week earlier)


The cookies were quite bright and a little crazy this year!


And my son helped me make Polish Perogies for Holy Night Supper, which we celebrate every Christmas Eve.


We made 110 this year!!


All in all, Christmas turned out wonderful and I think we all got what we had wished for!



I also would like to thank Laura of Dogs Mom Visits for the delightful snowmen I won during the Greatest Gift is Love Blog Hop Giveaway!



Here's wishing you joy for the rest of your holiday season!


2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Looks like a very merry holiday celebration indeed! Things always seem so much more joyous when children are involved. I love their sweet ornaments they made! I see you, too, have been gone from blogging for a bit...as have I. It is hard getting back into things....not knowing who still blogs, whether they'll remember me...and trying to catch up on the life happenings I've missed. But I really enjoyed blogging, so I'm going to give it a whirl. Welcome back to you! Wishing you a wonderful new year filled with fulfilled promises and blessings..... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Tolentreasures said...

Those pierogies look awesome, as do the cookies and ornaments! Have a very happy new year!