~~~~~~~~~A place to share, create and explore all the wonderful treasures that life has to offer ~~~~~~~~

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Upcycled Makedo for Prim Flowers

Last night, while hubby was working (he's always working - God Bless him) I decided to take a couple of my prim flower ornies and create an upcycled makedo, since I don't have any real flowers planted outside, yet, or any inside for that matter :)


I grubbied some old tin cans, added a homemade label, stuck my ornies on top of some painted dowels and added a piece of homespun.  They sit pretty tall at 12".  I think they came out pretty good, they look adorable on my shelf!  I have another idea for more of my flower ornie tucks...........to be continued




Couple Birthday Picts

Graham, now age 4!

Nathaniel, now age 6!

We all had a great time!


9 comments:

Tam said...

Love the labels

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Hi Lori,
Sorry I've been lax in reading posts. Love your makeover flowers. Love the bunnies. Congrats on your first giveaway win!!!! Happy belated birthday to the the boys!!! Luckily, 1978 wasn't a leap year, as my daughter was born on March 1st!!!!
Take care,
Lois

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

LOVE these prim "flowers" I saw these in your bowl - great idea for the dowel and tin can.
JoAnn

Firecracker Kid said...

Pretty good? Those flowers are great! Plus you recycled :o) Aww, happy 4th birthday... love the cake and it's decorations. Nice going mom!
Hugs~Carol

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Lori,
I first want to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a sweet comment.
What cute birthday photos...and those cakes look awfully yummy.
Cute flowers - love your creativity.
Blessings,
Karen

Tolentreasures said...

Great pics of the kiddos! Love the tin can and flowers. GReat job!

Cathy

GennieG said...

Hi Lori,
Happy Birthday to your boys! Those cakes looked so yummy! Also, I LOVE those prim flowers in the can and the labels are great! Also, love the bunnies. I need to take more lessons with sewing, I didn't do so good with it last time. I would love to make things like what you do. See you again soon. Have a great day!
Gennie XO

dee begg said...

Lori,

Love you sunflower makedos. The kiddie are cute too. Thanks for visiting my blog and I have you entered in my giveaway.

D

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Your upcycled make-do flowers turned out wonderfully prim, love them both!

My oldest son is named Nathaniel but we call him by his middle name which is Ryan. Cute boys and fun cakes!